STEAM stands for: science, technology, engineering, art, and math. The STEAM lab’s curriculum is an extension to the science/math curricula and it includes hands-on activities that emphasize the application of scientific concepts as we experience them in our daily lives.
The main objectives of STEAM lab are:
- Build the student’s background knowledge of the different scientific concepts using sensory experiences
- Instill the skills of problem solving, critical thinking, and innovation in our students
- Enhance the student’s creativity
- Practice the engineering process of brainstorming, planning, creating, improving and communicating
- Improve team building and collaboration among students
The targeted skills are 21st century skills and are vital to preparing a generation of critical thinkers and successful scientists.
STEAM Lab is a special that students in 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th grades attend once a week. There is a designated room for STEAM lab equipped with the necessary resources.